News & Views
In April 2007, we produced the inaugural issue of our News of the Cool e-zine, a joint effort with The Corporation's grassroots team, Hello Cool World.
Archived newsletters may contain email addresses and reference websites that are discontinued. For all inquiries, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
by Mark Achbar
Michael Moore is a busy man. He was on his book tour for "Stupid White Men " and was coming to Vancouver, home of The Corporation's production team. To our amazement and delight, he agreed to an interview in the early afternoon before his evening performance at the 2500 seat Vogue Theatre downtown... (more)
by Joel Bakan
"I saw the back of Michelle Pfeiffer's head," says Joel Bakan. She was sitting a hundred rows in front of him, watching her husband, Ally McBeal creator David E. Kelley, accept a "Rockie" award at the Banff Television Festival... (more)
by Mark Achbar
s I contemplated a visual style for the interviews in THE CORPORATION, I had several criteria in mind... (more)
by Mark Achbar
Nick Cage flirting. Daryl Hannah plotting. Nobody tipping. Oscar's big Vanity Fair party, writes filmmaker MARK ACHBAR, was sexy, surreal and more cliquey than you want to know... (more)
- June 21, 2005: Joel Bakan goes Center Stage with Mark Gordon to expose The Corporation. The writer, co-creator and associate producer of the powerful and thought-provoking documentary at 7PM on KXLU Los Angeles, 88.9 FM.
- March 21, 2005: The Corporation wins Genie for Best Documentary bringing award total to 25. The filmmakers behind Canada’s most successful documentary ever made will need to clear more space on their mantles.
- November 26, 2004: The Corporation webstore closed in solidarity with International Buy Nothing Day. The popular film and box office hit The Corporation, challenges the bottom line of big business. Why should corporations be legally obliged to place profit before people, and the planet?
- October 11, 2004: Cost rises even higher for FOX News whistleblowers. Jane Akre and Steve Wilson, featured in The Corporation, are still on the hook for nearly $200,000 FOX spent at trial and on appeal.
- July 23, 2004: The Corporation is playing in 28 cities across the US!
- June 28, 2004: The Corporation launches in New York. Premiere Party featuring DJ Spooky.
- June 4, 2004: San Francisco launch and premiere. Filmmakers and special guests Jane Akre and Steve Wilson in attendance for fundraising opening night.
- June 4, 2004: I-Corp launches! Featured "webisode" docback focuses on the biotech issue and contains excerpts from a new interview with fired Fox reporter and whistle blower Jane Akre.
- April 23, 2004: Hour Magazine host for corporate culture jam as The Corporation opens in Montreal. To promote both the film’s launch in Montreal theatres, and also to encourage a street level connection between the film, the issues that animate it, and groups who are taking action.